Dolphin Care Ltd has been formed to specifically provide services for adults with Acquired Brain Injuries and associated neurological conditions. We will provide these services under the following definitions of regulated activities by CQC.
- Accommodation for people who require nursing or personal care.
- Treatment of disease. disorder or injury.
Our service includes the following different service types:
a) Care Home Service with Nursing
We provide care for adults aged 18-65 with acquired brain injury and associated neurological conditions or complex cognitive impairments and/or physical disabilities. This will include active rehabilitation, slow-stream rehabilitation and long term placements. Both the care that people receive and the premises are regulated.
b) Long-Term Conditions Services
We provide care for adults aged 18-65 with acquired brain injury and associated neurological conditions or complex cognitive impairments and/or physical disabilities.
We will initially provide these services in South Hampshire for the following reasons.
- The need for a specialist facility dedicated to the care of people with Acquired Brain Injury and associated conditions such as epilepsy. There is no specialist facility within Hampshire.
- The proximity to the neurological unit at Southampton General Hospital.
- The demand from the local Primary Care Trust and local Social Services offices for better, more specialised facilities within county.
- Increasing demand for facilities able to cope with service users that have complex health needs and rehabilitative services due to the improved life expectancy as a result of continued medical advances.
- Pressure on local NHS health facilities that do not have the capacity to look after service users beyond the initial emergency stage.